Bold and Beautiful Party Cake

 



This past weekend we had the honor of make this bold and beautiful cake for one lucky lady. Our client really wanted something that incorporated her colorful Indian culture, so she opted for orange ombré tiers with a navy saree. In India, orange symbolizes fire and therefore purity. 

I was so excited to make this cake because of the beautiful color contrast, the gold bling, and also the challenge... making sugar lace ! This was tricky because it was my first time trying sugar lace so I researched and practiced this recipe and technique with the help of many different YouTube videos. I finally found one I was comfortable with (scroll to the bottom of this blog to find it).

Sugar lace close up...


To achieve the orange colored fondant I used Neon Brite Orange by Chefmaster, Ivory by Wilton, and dabs of Buckey Brown also by Chefmaster. I also started with the darkest orange first to make sure that was the "right" color, and then proceeded with the lighter orange hues in order to get the ombré colored tiers.

I used fondant for the saree and colored it using Navy Blue and Coal Black, also by Chefmaster. Using the black really help achieve the deep navy I was looking for to give a bold contrast with the cake.

Some other things we used for this cake project includes our 2D rose mold, gold luster dust, and our 6”, 8”, and 10” pan set. Each cake tier is ganached covered in fondant (find our homemade fondant recipe here!). 

I hope you enjoyed reading about this fun cake project! If so, let us know in the comments! 

Happy cake designing,
Christie

 DIY Sugar Lace Video






Comments

Popular Posts