Supermarket Sweets



With my years of working on cakes, I can completely appreciate the significant labor of love involved in making such beautiful pieces of work. This is exactly why I understand that supermarket cakes don't usually stack up to the typical custom cake (or cookie!) job.

Detailed concessionary art is a process that can be extremely time consuming. So seeing cakes that might be lopsided, lack flavor, use poor ingredients, have very little artistic detail, is, well... is what I can expect at a supermarket! (btw I live in California lol)

So you can believe that I was literally SHOCKED when I went into a local supermarket in Lima, Peru (mind you Peru is a third world country) and I saw these BEAUTIFUL pieces of confectionery art.

Look at the AMAZING detail in EVERY one of those decorated cookies above. And below, check out these fondant-covered (yes FONDANT covered!) cupcakes. Further below check out the rosette cupcakes in offset colors! All of these products were displayed on a beautiful table near each other. I just LOVE to see this.

When I was making cakes it was my goal to make beautiful cakes and cupcakes to everyone. This really inspires me to see what is really possible.

Happy caking my friends!

Christie



Comments

Popular Posts