Organic Strawberries and Cream Cake
Today's post is all about making the organic and dairy-FREE strawberries and cream cake. For a few years our family avoided dairy because of my daughter's chronic tummy troubles.
Being a cake designer....seriously, I'm not much of a baker lol, it sure was tough for me to figure out just what to make and how to make it.
I have experimented in MANY different ways, however, I must share that this is one of the yummies, fastest and easiest organic cakes I have made to date!
Scroll to the bottom to see this cake as a two tier for my daughter's birthday party:).
Here's what I used to make this cake:
Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
1/2 cup cashew milk (or other non-dairy)
1/2 cup canola oil
Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting
So Delicious Diary-Free CocoWhip
Two 6" pans plus shortening and flour for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 345 degrees F.
- Coat your pans with shortening and dust with flour.
- Mix your cake mix and all ingredients until just combined. Be careful here to not over-beat to maintain softness
- For my 6" pans I baked these for approximately 30 minutes. For your pan depth and oven temperature, it may be slightly different. Use a sharp knife or toothpick to poke the cake to test that it comes out clean indicating it's done.
- Torte (cut in half) each cake layer to make 4 layers. Cool layers completely and bring to room temperature. Cool cake layers is important so as not to melt the CocoWhip or buttercream.
- While your cakes are cooling, clean your strawberries with a damp towel. Do not wash them directly or they will retain water on their surface and water down the whipped topping. Cut your strawberries and mix them with your CocoWhip to make your strawberries and cream filling.
- Spread the strawberries and cream filling between each cake layer as you stack each layer.
- Optional to decorate this EASIER and FASTER! Push a skewer down the center of the cake and push it into your cake board (if you are not using a cake board that is ok too, just bring it to the bottom). Cut off the overhang of the skewer. Also, place the cake just as is into the refrigerator for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Cover your cake with your buttercream and enjoy!!
Happy Cake Making!
Below are tiered cake versions of these cakes for the girls birthday's <3