First off, the benefits of this recipe:
- FAST & EASY to make
- EASY to use
- EXCELLENT taste
- BEST for fondant 2D cut outs
- For cut outs roll out a piece of marshmallow fondant to desired thickness
- Let it stand for 10-20 minutes minimum (this step is a must for firmness and clean cuts)
- Using a sharp knife and templates or freehand cut out your 2D figures
- EXCELLENT coverage even when thin (not opaque)
Cake Couture's Marshmallow Fondant Recipe
- 1 lb Jet Puff marshmallows
- 2 lb powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup of Crisco shortening (do NOT use high-ratio shortening)
- 1 1/4 lb (20 oz) Wilton Fondant (1/2 of silver package see picture)
- Extra powdered sugar as a non-stick agent
- Wilton White (Optional)
- Plastic storage bag (grocery produce bags are the best for this)
2. Place about 1 lb of powdered sugar in your standing mixer bowl. Add the marshmallows, shortening, some Wilton White (optional to get your fondant whiter and brighter) and pour the remaining 1 lb of powdered sugar on top of all the ingredients.
3. Attach your dough hook. Stir at low speed just enough to start incorporating the ingredients. Next KEY STEP: Mix at high speed to fully incorporate all ingredients.
4. Place some of the extra powdered sugar on your work surface. Remove the marshmallow fondant mixture from the bowl and place on top of the sugared work surface.
5. Place the Wilton fondant on a plate and heat for 30-40 seconds. Place the heated Wilton fondant on top of the marshmallow mixture. Knead it all together adding sugar to avoid stickiness, and you are done!!